Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Table Runner Tote


A few years ago, I got 2 table runners for 97c each (yes that is correct, ninety seven cents) out of the clearance bin at Superstore. I loved the pattern and figured I'd eventually use them for something or other. Well, here is the something.

I decided to make a tote bag out of the one with the blue and neutral tones. I didn't really use a pattern, I just cut the corners rounded and added a couple of pleats to give it shape at the bottom. I cut a couple strips for the band across the top, and used another strip to make the strap. I did keep the fabric doubled up for the whole project so the inside of the tote is self lined and there are no seams showing inside either. I also made a fabric rosette from some strips of old canvas I had in my vast box of scraps. It looks pretty and dresses the tote up a bit.

I love that it is big enough to throw in a towel and bathing suit or a whole bunch of library books, better than the old scruffy back pack!!

I've linked this post To Tea Rose Home Link Party No.9!! Come see who else has great DIY projects liked up.




Cheers,
Viviana

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow - I am going shopping with you from know on! You took the coolest runners and made the GREATEST bag!!!

Karen

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Your bag turned out super cute! Your very creative and thrifty!

Sachiko said...

very creative! The bag turned out so beautiful. Thank you for linking to my party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails