Monday, October 31, 2011

Tis' The Season to be Spooky!

A few weeks back, I was looking for cupcake holders or wrappers....but of course, I am a crafter and thrifty to boot, and all the ones I saw required lots of $$$ to create. So I came up with my own thrifty version, super easy, no special tools required, but you do need a Dollar store or "Dollarama" like we have here. The toppers I made a couple years ago, again super easy, but for now I'll just post about the wrappers.
You will need black cardstock, 8.5 x 11 (standard), a ruler, pencil, glue, tape and the die cut shapes from the dollar store.
Got it at Michael's, you need 1 sheet for every 5 strips
I made the strips slightly curved and about 1.5" wide.
Dollar store foamy die cuts, perfect for this project.
As you can see, I just rigged the whole thing with tape.
I added a bit of scrap paper on the back of the eyes too, just because it looked better.

Can you guess?? BRAINSSSS! Thereis a story behind this too.
David is going as Dorothy's scarecrow and I am Dorothy....he needs a brain, that's where the brain cupcakes came in.
Frankie and his bones!

Anyhow, we had a great time and there is only 4 cupcakes left!
Happy Halloween!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails