Saturday, September 21, 2013

Deodorant update.

love my pits! I used to hate them...they were dark, ugly, bumpy and sometime got very stinky ( when I gave up commercial deo's) and I would have to go wipe every few hours to keep the stench at bay.
I've been using an easy homemade recipe for about two years now and I find it easy and effective. The only frustrating thing about it always was how hard it was in the dead of winter and how runny it got in summer. I revised the recipe several times, and I think I found the perfect mix, although its one more ingredient, it's totally worth trying for a very easy and body safe deodorant. My skin is more supple, there are no ingrown hairs, they don't stink either!

2 tablespoons coconut oil (just melted)
2 tablespoons baking soda
1 tablespoon sweet almond or olive oil
3-4 tablespoons of arrowroot powder
15 drops of tea tree oil
10 drops lavender of ylang ylang ( optional )

Mix it all together to a paste, put in a babyhood jar or a metal tin and use a small pea sized amount in each pit! Your body heat will melt it and help you keep the bacteria under control. Your ph might have to be adjusted, as an acidic body could cause a rash as it reacts with the alkalinity of the deo. 



Enjoy and let me know how it worked for you.

Cheers,
Viviana

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails