Thursday, March 17, 2011

Upcycled T Shirt, Done pretty!

I made a black cardi/shrug from an old black t-shirt. Not a new idea, but this was my take on it. I went back to the same post on CraftStylish for the basic instructions and ran with it on my own from there. Looks very cute and perfect for my summer dresses.
I think the sleeves make it really feminine, considering it was a plain black t-shirt before.




Instead of ruffles on the front, I put pleated ruffles on the collar.
 Anyhow, it's fun to make a new wardrobe out of old stuff, cluttering my closet. Our weather here in Calgary is somewhat warm, but not always warm enough for strappy summer dresses, so this will help. I can wear them and throw this over top, so the chill doesn't get me!! Hope you like!




Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Cheers and happy St. Patrick's Day!!
Viviana

6 comments:

Bee happy said...

It's amazing, I love it! I can't believe that is from a t-shirt! i love the neck and the sleeves are so cute :) You are so talented!

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Donnie said...

That came out so cute. Great redo.

Melissa said...

This is so pretty!
Melissa

www.hookedonhandmade.blogspot.com

Maite - vitoma said...

Muy bonita.
Bss.

Bee happy said...

Check out my blog there is something there for you.

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

WobiSobi said...

This is awesome.. Beautiful Job!!:) Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails