Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm patiently waiting....





Wow, do I ever feel restricted now that my laptop is down! I swear you'd think it was my life line, I can't do anything, I can't post my newer pictures, I cannot list on etsy, and I can't get started on some projects, all because my laptop has nearly everything of importance saved in it's infinite memory (or so it seems compared to my steam-punk PC!).
Anyhow, this got me thinking about my dependance on technology. Upon studying this a little further, I realized how far I lag behind most peeople, and my computer dependancy is actually not so bad. I don't text on my phone, nor do I have the desire to learn.....I love to talk on the phone, but would rather be face to face, so I don't call too many poeple either. I have a i-pod touch, given to me by my dear son's Dad when he upgraded to an i-phone, however I don't use it much, sometimes days go by before the thingy gets turned on. I don't have cable or satellite, and I don't PVR, though I keep getting phone calls whith all sorts of offers...I'll get it when it's free! My car does have "onstar" phone, the novelty wore off before the first year was up and they did not roll over the left-over minutes, so I haven't used it since. On-star also offers turn by turn navigation, which I used once and it gave me bad directions, I can't be bothered with getting a GPS device, I'm more of a hands-on-a-map type girl.
As for my laptop, it happens to be the only piece fo really advanced technology I own, funny thing is that it was given to me and has more memory than I will ever know what to do with....I didn't even buy it! My PC is a 256mb Compaq Presario...I'm not even sure the upgrade is still available for such an antique.
Anyhow, I am actually typing faster than the words are appearing on the screen and that really says something about this....time to upgrade the desktop computer or I'm a genius typist!

Cheers and patiently waiting,
(I can't even use my cool little signature I created 'cause it's on my laptop, GRRRR!)

Viviana

BTW, that is one of last years Christmas time pictures.

2 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hi Viviana!
Sorry to hear about your laptop but this technology world is crazy and time consuming enough! Sometimes I "wish" something would happen to my computer so I could escape for a while but I'd die if I'd loose everything on it!!! ;)
Your blog is so pretty, I've enjoyed my visit here. You have beautiful images and your etsy items are gorgeous!!!
Have a wonderful Christmas Viviana...hope you get up and running on your portable computer soon~
everything vintage

Pamela said...

Hope you are able to get your laptop soon. My own laptop just broke and I am very unhappy about it, but at least my photos and everything weren't on it. Hang in there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails