Thursday, December 3, 2009

More!


I wanted to share this with you all, doesn't it look adorable? I used to have a glass ball hanging on that brass thingy, but I traded it in for something much sweeter, what do you think?
For the tutorial on the ornament, go see Heather's Blog, Lark and Lola, where you will find all kinds of happy, she has some great ideas, freebie images and turorials.


I am always amazed when I make something from a tutorial and it actually turns out better than I imagined, because I really have a hadr time sticking to specific instructions. However, I love the resuls of this little box, for which I got the tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers (also on YouTube) on making a Top Note Die Box. I don't own a ScorPal, so I used my scoring blade on my sling cropping thingy, and it worked perfectly. The tutorial video is great, and takes you step by step through the making of the box and embellishing it. As always, I changed a couple of things, to suit my liking, and they turned out exceptionally well.




Some of the boxes will hold 3 tea lights, which I will include with those great bowls I showed you all in one of my other postings. I think they look great and hopefully, will be kept for storing the tea lights or other Christmas trinkets people like to keep in mini boxes.


Recognize these? Prima flower jars, I wondered what to do with so many and I wanted to recycle them, find them a new use and well....they turned out perfect for mini All-Sorts, which I plan to give to the mail lady, the office Manager where I live, and the maintenance guy too. I will post a couple more pics when I'm done my other projects.



Thanks for looking!
Cheers,
Viviana

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails